Life in Vienna
Vienna is a vibrant and diverse city with a rich historical and cultural heritage. It has beautiful gardens and many dining options that suit all tastes and budgets. There are plenty of things to do in Vienna: visit the many cafés, museums, theaters and events or stroll through the vineyards in and around the city.
No matter what your interests are, it’s a great place to be in. In Vienna there are:
- +100 museums: Klimt, Schiele, etc.
- +15,000 events a year, including concerts, theater, film, and much more.
- +300 cafés: coffee and pastries to suit all tastes.
- +700 hectares of vineyards.
- 2 UNESCO heritage sites: Historic Centre of Vienna and Palace and Gardens of Schönbrunn.
The local tourism office can give you an idea of the variety of things Vienna has to offer. For more information, visit www.wien.info. You can also consult the WU Vienna website for information about life in Vienna.
Julia Reynolds, VGSF Graduate (2016)
Postdoc, Università della Svizzera italiana
"I found it important to make sure I took time to relax, and fortunately Vienna was a city with much to offer in terms of things to do! From outdoor activities (hiking, swimming, cycling, etc.), to fantastic restaurants, to a wide variety of shows and concerts, Vienna has something to offer for every interest."