Akos Horvath was born in Pecs, Hungary. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting at the Corvinus University of Budapest in 2009. Afterwards, he worked at Morgan Stanley in the Valuation and Review Group department, where he was exposed to the equity markets and held courses on hedge funds.
After passing the first level of the CFA exam, Akos returned to the Corvinus University of Budapest and earned two Master’s degrees simultaneously in the fields of Investment Analysis and Quantitative Finance. His main research interest being the structure of financial markets and the valuation of derivatives, he conducted a market research on ETFs in Europe as well as looked into the pricing of Asian options by means of the Laplace transform.
Akos spends his free time with running and swimming. Currently, he is preparing for his first marathon. He is also likes skiing in the wintertime.
- 2013 – : PhD in Finance at the Vienna Graduate School of Finance
- 2010 – 2013: MSc in Finance, MSc in Actuarial and Financial Mathematics at the Corvinus University of Budapest
- 2006 – 2009: BA in Finance and Accounting at the Corvinus University of Budapest
- 2009-2010: Morgan Stanley
- 1st place of the Scientific Student Conference at the Corvinus University of Budapest in the Investments and Corporate Finance section
- 3rd place of the Kochmeister Award from the Budapest Stock Exchange